- OUT Maine: Programming and resources for LGBTQ+ youth and youth allies as well as families, schools, and providers in the state of Maine. Virtual options now available. FMI see our youth programs page.
- Maine Family Planning is offering many types remote reproductive and sexual healthcare as well as in-clinic visits. FMI click here.
- New Hope For Women 1-800-522-3304. Serving people in Sagadahoc, Lincoln, Knox and Waldo Counties affected by domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. The helpline is still open, in-person services temporarily suspended.
- Safe Voices shelter and support services for victims of domestic violence in Androscoggin, Franklin, and Oxford counties. Helpline: 1-800-559-2927. Online chat services available.
- SASSMM is hosting online support groups, including groups for LGBTQ+ and trans & non-binary survivors of sexual violence.
- Community Learning for ME: A resource to support parents and teachers while school is not in session due to COVID-19.
- Good Shepherd Foodbank of Maine
- Penquis COVID-19 Resource Listings
- Maine Public Health COVID19 Resources (including food and housing assistance)
- 5 Ways to Help Teens Manage Anxiety About the Coronavirus (New York Times)
- Outright LA. Creating safe and affirming environments for youth ages 12-21 who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or questioning. See their facebook page for a current schedule, cancellations and virtual options.
- Central Maine Healthcare COVID-19 Resources. Information about the virus, PLUS updated listings for food resources in Androscoggin.
Food Pantries (call for current hours).
- Jefferson Area Food Pantry. Serving Jefferson & Somerville. Episcopal Church on Rt 126, Jefferson, 207-315-1134.
General Resource Listings
Places to get help in Knox County PDF A resource guide for Knox County created by AIO and Emergency Assistance.
Resources for Coping with the COVID-19 Pandemic—Rockland, Maine Region A comprehensive resource guide created for the Rockland region.
Knox County Mapping & Information Resources page. Knox County EMA/GIS Program has created a resource page of interactive maps and associated information links, intended as a community resource.
Things are changing every day, so please call ahead before driving down.
Meals for students
- Owls Head, Cushing, South Thomaston, Thomaston, or Rockland. Contact Kathy Blais at the RSU13 central office 207-596-6620.
Meals for everyone (call for current meal schedules)
- Saint Bernard’s, 50 Broadway Avenue, Rockland, 207-594-5204.
- St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, White Street, Rockland, 207-594-8232 or 207-594-8191.
- Chestnut St. Baptist Church, 29 Chestnut St., Camden, (207) 236-2195.
- Soup’s On Congregational Church, 55 Elm St. Camden, 207-236-4821 or 207-646-4309.
Food for Families (call for current hours)
- AIO Food Pantry and Emergency Assistance. Serves all of Knox County. 70 Thomaston St., Rockland 207-596-1043. https://www.aiofoodpantry.org/modified-operations.html
- Camden Area Food Pantry. Serves Camden, Rockport, Lincolnville, Hope, Appleton, Union, Washington, Searsmont. 128 Mt. Battie Street, Camden 207-236-9790. www.camdenareachristianfoodpantry.org
- Thomaston Food Pantry. Serves all of Knox County. Laura Libby School, Front Entrance. 13 Valley St. Thomaston, 207-354-6004. www.thomastonfoodpantry.org
- Come Spring Food Pantry. Thompson Community Center, 51 S. Union Street, Union 207-785-4730.
- Friendship-Cushing Food Pantry. Serves Friendship and Cushing. Old Cushing Library, Townhouse Road, Cushing, 207-354-0669.
- Bread for the Journey Food Pantry. Serves Warren. Old Brick Community School Community Center, 166 Main Street, Warren, 207-273-4400.
- St. George Community Cupboard. 47 Main Street, Tenants Harbor, 207-372-2193.
- Washington Food Pantry. Serves Washington. 48 Liberty Road, Washington, 207-845-3155.
- Salvation Army Food Pantry. Serves Knox County. Route 1, Rockland 207-594-5326.
- Vinalhaven Food Pantry. Call as needed. 25 East Main St., Vinalhaven 207-863-4657.
Heat & Other Utilities
- LIHEAP: Low income home energy assistance program. Call for appointment, 207-596-0361.
- Electrical Utility Assistance. Possible discounts for managing electricity costs. 1-800-215-4942.
- Knox County Homeless Coalition Hospitality House, shelter & case management. 169 Old County Rd, Rockport. www.homehelphope.org 207-593-8151.
- Penquis Foreclosure Intervention. Counseling for homeowners at risk of losing their home. 207-596-0361.
- Penquis Home Repair. Grants/loans to help repair homes. Income-eligible, one time only. 207-973-3655.
- Penquis Head Start and Early Head Start. Child development program for income eligible families. 207-594-5342.
- The Landing Place. Comprehensive at-risk youth program. 207-593-8151.