JOIN THE TEAM
youth engagement coordinator
OUT Maine has an opening for a youth engagement coordinator to work actively with youth through our existing programs as well as creating new ones. Come join our great team as we continue to deepen our work in support of LGBTQ youth in rural areas.
The position will actively engage youth in building their individual capacity as well as their leadership skills around issues of public health, social justice and restorative practices. Responsible for collaborating and liaising with a variety of community partners; forming and leading a youth policy board; and co-facilitating trainings on youth-adult partnerships.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or human services related field, with 2-3 years’ experience with positive youth development and workshop facilitation with adolescents and adult learners; or 4-6 years’ required equivalent experience that includes demonstrated excellence and regular practice with positive youth development practices, workshop facilitation, teaching and learning with both adolescents and adult learners.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with the midcoast area of Waldo, Lincoln, Knox and Sagadahoc counties and their youth communities and experience and interest in working with LGBTQ youth a plus.
- Position requires some evening and weekend hours.
- Demonstrates excellent writing skills.
- Proficient in interpersonal communication.
- Knowledge of positive youth development, youth-adult partnerships, prevention and public health practices a plus.
- Preferred knowledge of restorative practices, social-emotional learning, and/or social justice work in some combination.
- Excellent facilitation and training skills with both youth and adults in multiple settings.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to maintain appropriate boundaries, including online and on social media.
- Competent in working with multiple partners and in soliciting input.
- Exhibits basic software skills and Internet research abilities.
- Must be able to able to successfully pass a criminal background, child protective service check & sex offender check and have a good driving record.=
- Must be able to exert moderate physical effort with frequent physically active trainings and meetings with youth and adults, driving, typing and occasionally lifting material weighing up to 25 pounds.
This position is full-time and is based in Rockland, Maine. Includes travel around the state with some overnights, as well as some evening and weekend work, scheduled in advance.
Salary commensurate with experience. Paid vacation and sick leave; 13 paid holidays; 100% health care costs for employee; retirement contribution match.
Please send resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15th. No phone calls please. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis.
OUTMaine values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.