June 13 @ 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every week that begins at 3:30 pm on Tuesday, repeating until June 30, 2023
Join Queeries/Queer Futures and build an affirming community while playing games, doing projects, and engaging in discussions that explore gender and queer identity! This is a space where we WANT to engage with topics like pronouns at school, clothing choices, and the process of coming out. This group is about YOU so YOU get to tell us where your passions lie, and where you’d like additional support!
Want to meet new people in the Queer and Allied communities?
- Are you between the ages 14-22? This group is for you! It’s an all-inclusive space to share interests and connect with other LGBTQ+ folks and allies.
- We meet on Tuesdays from 3-4 PM via Zoom (link below to sign up)
Want to be heard?
- Share your thoughts and opinions with other like-minded folks. Group members have a podcast series, discussing Pre-Coming Out/Coming Out Stories, Reflections on Gender, and How to be Safe as a Trans Person. The podcast broadcasts across Maine on FM radio WERU 89.9.
Like to write?
- We’re expanding the podcast series into a blog for adults — parents, GSTA advisors, and community members — to ask questions. Queer Futures members will answer the questions, which we will publish in OUT Maine monthly newsletters and on the website.
Looking to be more independent? Want some adulting hacks?
- Group members explore life hacks for after high school and adulthood. We talk about stuff like legally changing your name and gender marker; getting the health care you need; how to get housing that works for you; getting into college or a career; how to feel better and stronger in your body; and working with money.
Have other ideas?
- Group members come up with project ideas and discussion topics themselves. You get to determine what would be the most fun and meaningful to you! Don’t see something you want to discuss – Tell us!